MCA Neighbourhood Watch

• 12 May 2011 9:24 PM
    Message # 589996

If you have any information or comment on the following message sent out by Jeff Palmer regardng the fatal stabbing please will you email Jeff Palmer direct AND copy the MCA NW at conservation@minet.org.uk or watch@minet.org.uk     AND  ADD WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THIS FORUM.

BLIND COPIED TO THE MCA EMAIL ADDRESS LIST

A MESSAGE FORWARDED BY SERGEANT JEFF PALMER,

VASSALL SAFER NEIGHBOURHOODS TEAM

From: Jeff.Palmer@met.police.uk [mailto:Jeff.Palmer@met.police.uk]
    Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2011 6:17 PM

Please find the attached email re the authorised release of the details re the Incident in CORMONT ROAD SE5, resulting in the death of a young male.

Murder in Camberwell

A murder investigation is underway after a death in Camberwell.

On Wednesday 11 May at approximately 16:15hrs, police and London Ambulance Service (LAS) were called to the rear of Calais Gate, Cormont Road, London SE5 to reports of an injured boy.

On arrival officers found a 15-year-old boy who had suffered stab wounds.

He was taken to a south London hospital where he was subsequently pronounced dead at approximately 22.30hrs.

Officers believe they know his identity but we await formal identification.

His next of kin have been informed.

A post-mortem will be scheduled in due course.

Detective Chief Inspector, John McFarlane from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: "At this early stage in the investigation we believe that just after 16:00hrs, there was an altercation at the rear of Calais Gate, Cormont Road, SE5 involving a number of youths which resulted in the victim being stabbed.

"I am appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the altercation or seen youths acting suspiciously in the area in and around Cormont Road to contact the incident room."

Police are asking anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4205 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Chief Superintendent of Lambeth Nick Ephgrave adds; “The murder of another young man in our community is a shocking event made more so by his young age.

I want to thank the local people who have already come forward and given information to my officers, which has led to arrests and recovery of significant evidence. As always we rely on the cooperation of the community in the fight against crime and I would urge anyone who has input about this incident to come forward either in person or anonymously through Crimestoppers.

I am very concerned to prevent any further such incidents from happening and as a result am working closely with the local authority and my colleagues in Southwark Police to put in place significant police assets in terms of patrolling and school’s officer to offer visible reassurance and enhanced presence, in the Myatt’s Field area.

I have today met with community leaders, local councillors and local authority officers to formulate a way forward for the longer term”.

MCA Neighbourhood Watch

Minet Conservation Association
    conservation@minet.org.uk

© Copyright

Minet Hub 
hub@minet.org.uk 
|
|
Minet Conservation Association
conservation@minet.org.uk